The Communications Associate will support the mission of First Baptist Church of Newnan by overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the Technical Ministry regarding live audio, lighting, and video and the general promotion of the ministries of FBC Newnan. Communications Associate’s ultimate goal is to ensure that services and events across all facilities and ministries are able to utilize technology efficiently, effectively, and strategically in order to enhance the experience of those attending for all services, programs, and events and those who view online and to build up the body through a dynamic audiovisual ministry.
Accountability: Executive Pastor
Oversee: AV Coordinator and volunteer teams
A clear sense of call to the technological aspects of Church ministry, specifically AV.
Live a life that reflects the character and integrity of Jesus both at work and at home.
We want you to love Jesus more than you love ministry.
Our heart is that this would be personally played out in your life through the study of the Word, prayer, and worship.
Your character is greater than your gifting and your humility is greater than your Influence.
Committed to the mission, values, and beliefs of the First Baptist Church of Newnan.
Be the producer for the live stream/broadcast on Sunday morning.
Edit and Post Videos of weekly services and special events online and for TV broadcast
Recruit and train team to film special events and on-site videos
Lead the volunteer tech team to produce quality worship services.
[Audio, video, and presentation software]
Plan and budget for tech ministry equipment needs
Operate tech for events and special services [funerals, weddings, etc] where assistance is needed. There will be opportunities for compensation for weddings?
Create weekly sermon notes slides in Pro Presenter
Create presentation content in Pro Presenter for Worship services
Upload slides weekly to Pro Presenter
Work with website designer and graphic designer to keep website up to date with church-wide events, programs, and ministries. This includes online registration info, billing, and promotion
Social Media/First Touch
Craft thoughtful and engaging posts to FBC Newnan social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
Utilize photos and videos of church and ministries for engagement
Create current, effective social media advertisements
Creating and implementing “First Touch,” virtual welcome to first time guest.
Oversee stage setup/ breakdown in the worship center, fellowship hall, historic sanctuary, Warehouse and other spaces as needed
Recruit, train and Supervise front of house personnel (lights, screens, audio)
Oversee DANTE audio interface and network for post mixing of sermons and music selections for sermon videos and music videos
Support A/V needs for church events such as Bible studies, meetings, etc.
Oversee Online Campus (audio/video/connections)
Direct audio support for all choir and instrumental rehearsals
Maintain and recommend audio components for FBC campus
Other duties as assigned
Oversee the maintenance of all instruments, 4 grand pianos, 2 organs and 21 upright pianos for Sunday School & choir classes
Work in conjunction with Music Minister to recruit players for each of these groups and work with directors and helpers to engage in on-going recruitment
All other duties assigned
2+ years working in a live production or church preferred
Strong interpersonal and communication skills in working with and coaching people of all ages and generations.
Bachelors Degree required and Seminary degree preferred
The ability to work and think creatively and collaboratively
Ability to think quickly and react/troubleshoot appropriately in a high-stress situation
Able to work in a team setting and give directions under pressure
Broad working knowledge of marketing principles, communications, public relations, and media.
Has experience running audio and video successfully in a live environment
Has excellent communication/people skills
Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, or similar software.
Proficiency in Sling TV or similar live streaming production
Proficiency in Pro Presenter software
A genuinely devoted disciple of Jesus Christ with a servant’s heart.
A clear sense of call for gospel ministry in the capacities of this job description.
Supports Minister to Children, Minister to Students and Minister of Education/Young Adults
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Senior Pastor and provides administrative support to the Minister to Children, Minister to Students and Minister of Education/Young Adults.
Time Requirement: Part-time (32 hours)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, PowerPoint is desirable
- Possess solid time-management skills and organizational abilities
- Able to communicate and establish effective working relationships with many different people
- Be a “team player” who knows how to accomplish numerous tasks in a professional and timely manner
- Uses independent judgment in completing activities and operates under general supervision
- Competence in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Answer main office phone and forwards messages to appropriate staff members
- Greet and assist guests
- Distribute mail to staff members
- Maintain and distribute current hospital, bereavement, and special concern lists to staff
- Coordinate with Welcome Center Volunteer Coordinator
- Develop knowledge of ACS software (Automated Church Services)
Assist with proofing Worship Pages, Newsletters, and other publications
Maintain church calendar
- Maintain an adequate supply of Facility Request forms for use in reserving facilities and/or transportation.
- Enter reservation request on the church calendar
- Print weekly church calendar for staff meetings
Maintain Transportation Logs for Church Vehicles
- Print monthly marking sheets
- Compile and distribute Sunday school folders to classrooms
- Order Sunday school literature, Home Life, Mature Living, Open Windows, and Journey publications from Lifeway on a quarterly basis
- Enter Sunday school enrollment and weekly attendance in ACS
Wednesday Night Supper
- Record and track Wednesday night supper reservations on ACS
- Run reservation report for Wednesday evenings
- Confirm reservations with church cooks
- Maintain a current list of servers
- Provide calendar of servers to Music Assistant for publication in the weekly worship pages
Support Minister to Children, Minister to Students, and Minister of Education/Young Adults
- Prepare correspondence and reports as required
- Prepare pamphlets, postcards, flyers, etc. for camp and special events
- Assist with preparations for camps and special trips
- Prepare and track purchase orders as needed
- Coordinate Baby Dedication services held twice a year (order flowers and baby Bibles, and prepare Dedication certificates and Covenants)
Perform any other duties assigned.
To apply send resume to Victoria Purvis
Lead Teachers: 6:50am-12:30pm & 11:50am-6:00pm (Rate $11/hour)
Assistant Teachers: 11:50am-6:00pm (Rate $10/hour)
Hiring Immediately! We are seeking experienced individuals who love children and have a desire to serve in a Christian daycare setting. Hours for the positions are 6:50am-12:30pm Monday through Friday. Teachers are responsible for providing a safe, nurturing environment for the children in their classroom, planning (with the guidance of the director) the daily schedule for the children, and communicating with other staff and parents.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, creative, and willing to put in the energy and commitment required to encourage and support children’s academic and spiritual development. A satisfactory comprehensive background check and training are required as we seek to make a difference with our young children.
Applicants must have a college degree, technical childcare certificate, or CDA, as well as at least one year of experience in a licensed childcare facility or similar environment. Individuals with current CPR/First Aid Certifications preferred. Only candidates who meet all minimum qualifications will be contacted for interviews.