First Baptist Church of Newnan, Georgia, whose campus is situated in a vibrant downtown just one block from the historic courthouse square, seeks a Senior Pastor to lead and shepherd our multigenerational congregation in fulfilling its mission to effectively reach a rapidly growing community with the gospel. Established in 1828, First Baptist Newnan has been "holding forth the Word of Life" in the City of Homes for almost 200 years and is poised to experience both numerical and spiritual growth as its members desire to continue to be used as a lighthouse for the gospel in ministering to and reaching this community for the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Senior Pastor will bear the core responsibilities of leadership, preaching, vision casting, and staff oversight, among others. He shall have in his care the spiritual and moral welfare of the congregation and shall disciple and equip leaders for ministry through personal relationships and modeling of a Spirit-filled life.
Those who meet the requirements of 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and preferably have obtained a Master of Divinity or comparable seminary degree and have a minimum of five years of experience as a Senior Pastor or other relevant experience are invited to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For more information about the Senior Pastor position at First Baptist Newnan, you may contact the Pastor Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Baptist Church Child Development Center has a mission to provide the very best care for one of God’s greatest gifts, Children! We are looking for 2 teachers immediately for our 11:45am to 6:00pm shift. Prospective teachers should love seeing children learn and teach by example. Our students range from 6 weeks to 4 years old and teachers lead the children in developmentally appropriate activities encouraging healthy spiritual, physical, social, and emotional development. We operate on the Coweta County School schedule with the exception that we are open for all teacher workdays.
Interacting with every child as an individual and part the group, while introducing and building on age-appropriate academic and biblical lessons. Nurturing an environment of respect and safety. While taking care of the children’s needs including servings snacks and meals, diaper changing and potty training. Communicating with parents and other appropriate staff on the child’s development and progress. Complete daily cleaning tasks to maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe environment.
Lead Teacher Requirements:
Technical Childcare Certificate, CDA, TCD in Early Childhood Education/Development. College Degree + 3 months experience. Background Check Required. The ability to work creatively and follow a lesson plan. 18 years of age.
Assistant Teacher Requirements:
Background Check Required. The ability to work creatively and follow a lesson plan. 16 years of age.
CPR and First Aid Certification; Fire Safety; Experience working in a licensed Childcare environment.
Monday – Friday 11:45am – 6:00pm
Please access our employment application on our website: www.fbcnewnan.org under the daycare tab.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $13.00 per hour
Purpose: The Director of Children’s Ministries will provide full-time leadership to the children’s ministries of First Baptist Church, Newnan. This includes: laying a foundation of God’s word, leading and growing children and parents into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and nurturing and loving children and their families at First Baptist and the community.
Accountable to: Minister of Education
Supervises: Children’s Interns and Volunteers
Time requirement: Full Time
Ministry Areas: Nursery, Preschool and Children and their families
Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Administration, Teaching
- Testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and passion to share that faith
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement of First Baptist Church
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, complying with the decorum of FBCN
- Passion for children and their families, be high energy, hard working and have the ability to recruit/motivate others in sharing Jesus with children and their families
- Previous experience in Children’s Ministry opportunities with knowledge of ways of relating to children in age-appropriate activities and ministries
- Bible teaching competencies and skills in teaching children
- Strong organizational and administrative skills as well as interpersonal relationship skills
- Highly motivated/visionary individual who follows through with plans and opportunities
- Ability to organize, coordinate work, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Innovative and creative individual who looks for the God given attributes in each child
- Ability to relate and have compassion for all varying socio economical levels of children and their families
- Flexible, detail oriented, and decisive with the ability to organize and lead/recruit volunteers in ministry opportunities
- Ability to coordinate several activities at once and quickly analyze and resolve specific problems
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations as well as the ability to work independently
- Knowledgeable computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- To minister to children and their families (babies – 5th grade)
- To creatively help children to know, love and follow God with all their hearts, souls and strength
- To recruit, train, and supervise children’s ministry staff and volunteers and provide general spiritual and emotional care for the children in the ministry
- To reach out to parents in helping their children. This care may include how to teach children biblical truths, forms of proper discipline and how to deal in crisis situations
- To plan and organize weekly ministries: Sunday School, Children’s Worship, Preschool and Children Team meetings, Child Check-in Area, Wednesday Children’s Mission Programs
- To promote events and ministries for children and their families while sharing the gospel of Jesus and enhancing each child’s spiritual journey (VBS, Camp Sonshine, etc.)
- To have a comprehensive understanding of all facets of children’s ministries-current in teaching techniques and curriculum development
- To help provide a safe, secure, and warm environment of all of the children and their families at First Baptist
- To oversee the promotion of events and ministries for children
Support of the entire church ministry and activities, including:
- Contact visitors, new families and absentee children & families
- Lead Children’s Ministry Team
- Complete other assignments as directed (i.e. First Connection)
- Support other ministers and ministries in sharing the gospel at First Baptist Church
- Plan and support all ministries in Outreach to schools and community
- Supervise Nursery Coordinator
- Attend Staff Meetings
- Participate in all services and ministry opportunities (Deacon’s Meetings, etc.)
- Provide meals and visits to new babies and families