What is the A.O. Mission Center?
The Alpha Omega Mission Center ( AO House) is a facility located behind First Baptist Church, Newnan, Georgia. The A.O. Mission Center is a ministry of First Baptist Church, Newnan and the Western Baptist Association.
The AO House is open Monday thru Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
What is the A.O. Mission Center's purpose?
The Center's purpose is to show God's love to those in our community who are in need. The goal is to help them through difficult times by providing food, clothing, and assistance. Lastly, they are told of God's everlasting gift - Jesus Christ.
How does the Mission Center operate?
The center is currently open Monday thru Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. Visitors requesting assistance arrive between 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. The visitor must provide some background information for the center's records. Then the visitor speaks one-on-one with a worker to determine needs and how the center might assist them. All the visitors for that day are spoken to about both physical and spiritual needs.
How has the center been doing?
Since the A. O. Mission Center opened, thousands of persons have been served. Tons of food and thousands of articles of clothing have been distributed. All who visited also discussed spiritual needs and heard about Jesus Christ. Many people have accepted Jesus as Savior! We praise the Lord for this ministry!
How can I help the Mission Center?
- Pray...for God's will in this work. Pray that all workers will submit to God's leadership.
- Work...Most workers give one day per week for three hours. All workers are volunteers.
- Give...food, clothing, or your time. Bring food with you when you attend church at FBC. Drop boxes are located throughout First Baptist. Bring clothes Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - Noon ...monetary gifts to the benevolence offering which goes to many areas - one of which is the A O Mission Center.
What are the Center's needs?
- Daily Volunteers - once a week or once or twice a month for 3 hours. We really need a few men!
- Food Items - non perishables, canned meats are always needed. Freezer items can also be used. For storage we have two refrigerators and one freezer. We do accept processed and wrapped venison. The cost to process the meat is tax deductible. The processor must complete a small form. These are available in the First Baptist office.
Are there guidelines for donations?
- Clothing needs to be clean and usable.
- Food items need to be given before the expiration date.
- For all other items (furniture, etc.) please call the church office or A O Center during hours.
- Please...food and clothing only...unless arrangements are made in advance.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Please call if you have questions: Mission Center - 770-683-6477